At Aphrodite Temple, we are intelligent about risks for disease transmission and adopt a harm reduction approach. We practice explicit verbal consent at Aphrodite Temple and you always have a choice to limit your participation and activities to what feels safe for you.
We invite you to use the COVID CARE framework developed by Evelin Dacker, for navigating your choices.
If you are scheduled to attend an upcoming Aphrodite Temple, please review the following guidelines for optimal health and safety protocols concerning COVID-19.
Before Aphrodite Temple:
- Limit social interactions during the week prior to the retreat, consider wearing masks in public indoor spaces, and monitor your health
- If you are showcasing any symptoms that are abnormal for you at any time within the 14 days leading up to the event: take a COVID test. Let us know if you test positive and we will allow you to transfer your registration to a future Aphrodite Temple.
- We do not require you to be vaccinated although we continue to strongly encourage participants to get the COVID-19 vaccine and especially the new bivalent vaccines if available.
Traveling to retreat:
- Practice social distancing to the best of your ability
- Wear masks throughout your journey if you are traveling by plane, bus, train.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Be prepared to take a rapid test when you arrive onsite. If the test is negative you will be allowed entry to the Aphrodite Temple Sanctuary Service. If your test result is positive, you will be denied entry.
- You will have the option to wear a mask.
- You may ask people you wish to be in close contact with to wear a mask
- Aphrodite Temple has high sanitizing protocols in place that will continue to be practiced